Eclosio in short
Eclosio is the NGO of the University of Liège. The organization was created in 2018 from the merging of Aid for Development-Gembloux (ADG) and Universud-Liège. Eclosio reinforces initiatives respecting the human and the environment, and contributes to the exercise of the fundamental rights of peoples.
Vision and mission
Created in 2018 from the merging of Aid for Development-Gembloux (ADG) and Universud-Liège, Eclosio is the NGO of the University of Liège.
Our vision is a world where current and future generations live with dignity and exercise their fundamental rights.
In order to make our vision come true, our mission consists in fostering a collective commitment from the academic community and civil society, building together and using knowledge in a mutual relationship with our partners on the basis of the needs expressed by populations.
- develop productive and lucrative agro-ecological activities that are not dependent on external factors and are environmentally friendly;
- benefit from a decent income, especially through the transformation and the commercialization of their production;
- benefit from a healthy and balanced diet, by particularly enhancing the role of women as protectors of the nutritional health of their families;
- support local initiatives and land-use planning for and by the communities;
- become professionalized throughout quality trainings and support into finding sustainable job;
- defend their interests by addressing their constraints and raise them with public authorities.
In Liège and Gembloux, the mission of Eclosio consists in giving information, raising awareness and mobilizing citizens, students and members of the academic community about different international issues to contribute to the construction of sustainable, fair, united and inclusive societies. Eclosio is also leading advocacy actions towards academic and political authorities.
These actions are mainly carried out on the campuses of Liège and Gembloux Agro-Bio Tech. We also work with several universities in Wallonia (southern Belgium). Find out more about the Action in Belgium. Would you like to learn more about it? Feel free to read our activity report.